- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Pence offers 'unwavering' NATO pledge, leaves open questions February 18, 2017
- Democrat member of FEC to make early exit: NYT February 19, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
Prevacid is the drug that is used to decrease the quantity of acid synthesized in the stomach. Prevacid is widely used in the treatment of erosive esophagitis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and stomach as well as intestinal ulcers.
Few things to keep in mind before prescribing this drug:
Administration of Prevacid should be avoided in case the patient is allergic to any drugs or is suffering from some lung diseases. The entire course of treatment must be done even if your symptoms get better before completion of your treatment so as to avoid recurrence of the problem. Sometimes a particular combination of Prevacid and antibiotics may prove to be effective in treating many diseases; however, the best option for you is to follow the instructions given by your doctor or physician. Prevacid falls under the FDA pregnancy category B which means that this drug cannot cause any harm to the embryo during pregnancy. However, it is not known as yet whether Prevacid medicine passes into breast milk or not. Consult the physician before taking this medicine if you are breast feeding your baby.
How to take the medicine?
Take the doses as prescribed by your doctor. Never exceed the prescribed dose as it might cause further health hazards. Each of the Prevacid dose should be taken along with a glassful of water. Make sure that you take this medicine before your meal. Swallow the tablet in whole instead of crushing or breaking it. The Prevacid pill has been specially designed to facilitate slow release of the drug inside the body. You may open the capsule and sprinkle its content into a spoonful of yoghurt, apple sauce, pudding, strained pears or cottage cheese and then drink the mixture straight away without chewing.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Following are the side effects associated with Prevacid: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of throat, tongue and lips, breathing difficulties;
• Headache, nausea, vomiting;
• Stomach ache, constipation;
Talk to your physician if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above.