- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Nokia relaunches iconic 3310 mobile model February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Faraday Future Will Race the FF91 Against Tesla at Pikes Peak This Year February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
Protonix belongs to the group of proton pump inhibitory drugs. This medicine is primarily used to reduce the quantity of acid produced in the stomach. In addition to this, Protonix is also used in the treatment of esophagitis as well as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing this medicine:
Protonix is the medicine which should not be taken in case you are allergic it. Persistent use of this drug has caused cancer in the test animals; however, it is yet to be proved in case of human beings. In addition to this, long term treatment of this drug may also make it difficult for your body to absorb vitamin B-12. Gradually your body shall start expressing the symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency which may include pale skin, severe tiredness, weakness, fast heartbeat as well as shortness of breath. Protonix falls under the FDA pregnancy category B which means that this drug shall pose no harm to the embryo during pregnancy. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden. Complete the entire course of Protonix treatment even if you start feeling better so as to prevent recurrence of the clinical condition for which the drug was prescribed.
How to take this drug?
Protonix should be taken exactly the way your physician has instructed you. Never exceed the dose as it might bring about health hazards. Take the Protonix dose with a glassful of water. Never try to chew or break this medicine as it has been specially designed for its slow release into the system.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Protonix may exhibit various types of side effects which may include the following: –
• Allergic reactions such as hives, swelling of face and breathing troubles;
• Nausea, vomiting, headache;
• Stomach ache, gas;
Talk to the doctor immediately in case you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above.