- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- ‘A Serbian Trap’: Freezing conditions in Belgrade are not the biggest problem for refugees in Belgrade February 21, 2017
- Spicer says angry town halls are hybrid of upset people and professional protesters February 22, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- US report: Trend of rising health care spending back to stay February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
Provigil is the medicine that is used to prevent patients from excessive sleeping during the daytime which is associated with narcolepsy.
Important facts about this drug:
Provigil is a habit-forming drug so it should not be prescribed for a patient who has a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. Always be extra cautious while performing hazardous activities like driving or operating machinery during the course of Provigil treatment as this drug may affect your thinking process, judgment as well as operating skills. Stay away from alcohol while you are taking this medicine as alcohol may cause adverse effects on your health during the course of treatment. Provigil is also known to have a negative effect on the hormonal birth control measures which includes the birth control pills as well as depot and implantable formulations.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing this medicine:
Before prescribing provigil drug, the doctor should know the patient’s medical history. The patient must tell the doctor if he is suffering from any of the following diseases or ailments: –
• Left ventricular hypertrophy;
• High blood pressure;
• Kidney disease;
• High blood pressure;
• Liver disease;
• Irregular heartbeats, chest pain, mitral valve prolapsed;
• Unstable angina;
• Recent heart attack;
• Mental sickness.
Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden without consulting with the doctor as it may cause serious health risks. Provigil falls under FDA pregnancy category C which means that it is not yet known whether this drug shall pose any harm to the embryo during the period of pregnancy or not. Provigil should not be prescribed for a patient who is older than sixty five years of age as the side effects of this drug are exhibited more if taken by older people.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Provigil may exhibit lot of side effects which include the following: –
• Allergic reactions which may result in breathing problems, hives or swelling of face and throat;
• Irregular heartbeat, high or low blood pressure;
• Shortness of breath;
• Nausea, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite;
• Dry mouth, chills, infection, sore throat;
• Nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, depression.