- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- US vice president visits former Nazi concentration camp February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Plane carrying 5 people hits Australian shopping mall February 21, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- Hundreds of Cubans deported after US immigration status end: Cuba February 18, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
After a number of studies concerning the applications and the effects of Remicade, it has been proved its efficiency in treating the following affections: rheumatoid poly arthritis, other affections related to joints and bones system and Crohn disease. Rheumatoid poly arthritis is the most frequent form of inflammatory rheumatism, which can be detected in about 1% of the people in the world. These disease complications can lead to shortening life expectancy with 5 to 10 years.
Remicade contains a monoclonal antibody which decreases the effects of substances which lead in general to inflammations. It is called infliximab and it is obtained strictly through genetic engineering.
You can take Remicade only if you are not currently suffering from an infection or tuberculosis. It can be also harmful for those persons who suffer from heart problems. Moreover, you can be allergic to it if you have suffered from hepatitis B or epilepsy. Those people who suffer from pulmonary diseases should be also careful when they want to take Remicade. In all these cases your doctor should adapt the treatment with Remicade to your health condition.
As far as pregnancy is concerned, there have not been reported harmful effects upon the embryo, but it is better to be careful, therefore you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to have a baby while taking Remicade. Furthermore if you have a baby and you are breast feeding, you should inform the doctor as well. Children under the age of 6 must not take this medicine. Remicade can be injected intravenously once in 2 to 8 weeks. After injection you have to be monitored in order not to develop dangerous side effects. This medicine must be kept in a cold place, like the fridge, but of course, it must not freeze.
If you miss a dose
If it happens to miss a Remicade dose the best thing would be to talk to a doctor and he will give you the instructions you need.
The most unpleasant and unwanted of course, side effects are those which are visible on your face for example, provoked by allergic reactions, which cause tongue, lips, throat or face swelling. Furthermore if you feel cold or if you have got fever or sudden weight loss, it means that your body does not tolerate the drug, so you either stop taking it either change the dose.