- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
Risperdal is a medication which aims to modify the consequences of chemicals in the brain. It is part of the atypical antipsychotic class of medicines being used in cases of schizophrenia and mania. Risperdal may have also other uses than those mentioned in the prospectus.
Risperdal may be used in other cases; ask the doctor or pharmacist for this information.
Indications for dosage
Risperdal comes in tree forms: tablet, liquid solution and dissolving tablet; it is administered orally, once or twice a day (at the doctor’s prescription). Follow your doctor’s indications: take Risperdal at the same hours every day and do not exceed the prescribed doses. Risperdal can be taken with water; the disintegrated tablet can be taken without water. Do not combine Risperdal with cola or other drinks that may contain chemical substances. Risperdal cannot cure schizophrenia or mania but it can ameliorate their symptoms. Stop taking Risperdal only when your doctor recommends it.
Special precautions to be followed
Before starting a Risperdal treatment let your doctor know if you are allergic to certain medicines. Inform your doctor about any street drug consume that you may have been involved in; also if you have had Parkinson disease or circulatory problems, breast cancer, a heart attack, liver or kidney diseases. Do not forget to mention if anyone in your family has or has had diabetes.
Tell your doctor if you are planning to have a baby or to go through a surgery. Avoid driving or using certain mechanical devices until you are aware of Risperdal side effects. Also avoid alcohol while taking Risperdal, and staying in places with extreme temperatures, as Risperdal causes body temperature disorders. In the first stage of the treatment, Risperdal causes dizziness problems, especially when getting up quickly from the bed. In order to avoid this, get up slowly and relax your feet.
If you miss a dose
Take the missed tablet as fast as you remember; if the time for the next one is near, skip the missed tablet and continue normally with the other tablets. Never take two doses in order to replace the missed one.
Overdose of Risperdal may cause sever symptoms such as heart problems, stomach ache, eye problems, giddiness or fainting, body controlling problems,
fever, sweat etc.
Risperdal may cause a syndrome called Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome which is characterized by muscle rigidity, sweat, heart problems and confusion. Contact your doctor and stop taking Risperdal in case of serious side effects such as fever and trembling, uncontrollable muscles, allergic reactions, sleepiness and fainting, breathing or swelling problems. Less severe side effects are: sleeping problems, mild trembling and giddiness, nausea or weight gain.