- You Have to Watch This Moving Video About Breastfeeding Moms Being Shamed By Family Members March 24, 2017
- FDA Approves Bavencio (avelumab) for Metastatic Merkel Cell Carcinoma March 23, 2017
- Franken calls Gorsuch dissent in trucker case ‘absurd’ March 21, 2017
- Police investigating Dakota pipeline vandalism March 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Xadago (safinamide) as an Add-On Treatment for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease March 21, 2017
- Federal court gives students chance to parry with judges March 19, 2017
- Study Says Drug Cuts Cholesterol and Reduces Heart Attacks, But It’s Not Cheap March 17, 2017
- Campaign heats up to make heroin-overdose reversal drug available everywhere March 18, 2017
- Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS) by Abbott Vascular: Letter to Health Care Providers – FDA Investigating Increased Rate of Major Adverse Cardiac Events March 18, 2017
- Get Rid of Headaches and Other Minor Health Woes March 17, 2017
Most of us have at a moment in our lives sleeping disorders and when nothing works, you think of having a sleeping pill like Rohypnol. It is used in the short term treatment of insomnia. It is recommended only when the problems are serious (especially difficulties of falling asleep, when the patient becomes extremely stressed.
Rohypnol contains microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, talc and a substance based on magnesium. These constituents have sedative effects, which lead to slowing psycho motor activity, relax the muscles and induce sleep.
The treatment should not last long. In general it varies from a few days to 2 weeks. If it is necessary, the treatment can be continued up to 4 weeks, including a gradual dose reduction, until you stop the treatment completely. In some cases it can be necessary to extend the treatment interval, but in this situation the patient’s condition must be re-evaluated. Rohypnol must be taken just before sleeping. For adults it is recommended to take 0.5 – 1 mg and in exceptional situations the dose can increase to 2 mg. Old people should take 0.5 mg, and in exceptional situations the dose can be increased to 1 mg. The treatment must start with the minimum dose recommended and it can be increased gradually, until you get the hypnotic effect, without exceeding the maxim dose. Patients who have kidney problems must take a lower dose.
Miss a dose
In this case the probability to miss a dose is low because you will take Rohypnol for sure if you can not fall asleep so you can’t forget to take it.
In general, especially at the beginning of the treatment you can be slept during the day, and sometimes totally detached from what you have to do. You may not be attentive, or you can be confused or tired. Besides you can have head ache, but this effect has been noticed only if you take overdose. Other side effects which are rare though are intestinal problems, or lack of sexual appetite as well as reactions at the level of the skin. Furthermore, other side effects can be depression or irritability as well as hallucinations and behavior problems, and you can have nightmares too. These side effects especially in the case of old patients are quite dangerous and the treatment must be interrupted. In some situations it can give addiction. So be careful and use this drug only if it is really necessary.