- Judge orders Arkansas to conduct autopsy on executed inmate April 29, 2017
- Being president isn’t so easy, and other things Trump has learned in first 100 days April 28, 2017
- Sean Spicer says Obama administration was responsible for Michael Flynn’s vetting April 27, 2017
- Slain trooper's young sons in court as killer gets death April 27, 2017
- General Anesthetic and Sedation Drugs: Drug Safety Communication – FDA Approves Label Changes for Use in Young Children April 27, 2017
- A Doctor Who Feels His Patients’ Pain? April 26, 2017
- Is Baby Food the Key to the Perfect Margarita? April 26, 2017
- Cartoon Sex-Ed Book for Kids!? April 26, 2017
- New Worries About Energy Drinks April 26, 2017
- FDA Approves Xatmep (methotrexate) Oral Solution April 26, 2017
Singulair is used to treat allergies in the body that are caused by the inhalation of pollen from the air. Your body releases chemicals known as leukotrienes when you breathe in pollen and this leads to swelling in the lungs and other muscles around the airways making breathing difficult. This can also lead to asthma in the later stages.
The medication is hence used to treat symptoms that arise because of asthma in adults as well as children. However the medication should not be given to the child without first consulting the doctor. The medication is also used to treat asthma or breathing problems due to exercising.
Information you should know
The medication is used to prevent asthma. You should not take when an asthma attack has already begun. This is because it will be quite ineffective at the time of asthma attack. It may several weeks for the symptoms to improve in the course of taking the medication. Consult your doctor if your condition does not improve several weeks after you start using the medication. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. There are however no cases so far of the medication passing to the baby through breast fed milk.
Instructions for dosage
Take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take the medication in larger or smaller amounts than what is prescribed by the doctor. You can also read the directions on the label. The medication should be taken just once a day, especially in the morning. If you are using the medication for exercise related asthma then take the medication at least two hours before doing the exercise. Take the tablet with a glass full of water. The granules can be put in the mouth directly or mixed with cream or mashed carrots. The granules can also be mixed with baby formula and breast milk for children. The medication should be consumed in a maximum of fifteen minutes after opening the packet.
Do not take the medication if the asthma attack has already begun. Instead use a fast acting inhalation medicine to treat an asthma attack.
If you miss a dose
if you miss a dose then take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it time for the next dose, then do not take the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take a double dose to cover up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
In case you have done an overdose, then you should seek medical help immediately.