- Franken calls Gorsuch dissent in trucker case ‘absurd’ March 21, 2017
- FBI’s Comey knocks the Patriots to make a point about the Kremlin’s grudge against Clinton March 20, 2017
- Why Feeling Tired May Be Harmful to Your Health March 21, 2017
- Array BioPharma Announces Withdrawal of NDA for Binimetinib Monotherapy for the Treatment of NRAS-Mutant Melanoma March 18, 2017
- FDA Approves Xadago (safinamide) as an Add-On Treatment for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease March 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Juvéderm Vollure XC for Correction of Facial Wrinkles and Folds in Adults March 20, 2017
- Federal court gives students chance to parry with judges March 19, 2017
- Britain to launch Brexit process on March 29: EU sources March 20, 2017
- How to Take Care of Yourself When You Have the Flu March 20, 2017
- Man killed after trying to grab soldier’s gun at Paris airport March 18, 2017
Soma is a muscle relaxing drug that works by preventing the communication of pain sensations between the brain and the nerves. Soma medicine along with physical therapy and rest is used to treat injuries as well as other musculoskeletal problems.
Some important facts about this medicine:
Soma can be a habit-forming drug and should not be prescribed for patients who have a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden as you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms if you had been taking this medicine for quite a long time. Administration of this drug should be strictly avoided in case you are allergic to Soma or meprobamate. This drug should also be avoided in the following cases: –
• Epilepsy or seizure’;
• Kidney disease;
• Liver disease.
If you stop taking this medicine all of a sudden then you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, headache, nausea, stomach ache as well as convulsions. Soma may also cause harm to the fetus during the period of pregnancy.
How to take this medicine?
Soma dose should be taken as per doctor’s instruction. Never exceed the prescribed dose as it may cause health hazards. Each dose should be taken along with glassful of water. Store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. In case you have missed your dose, then take it as soon as you remember. However, in case it is almost the time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your normal schedule.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Soma may exhibit various types of side effects which includes the following: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of your face, throat, lips and tongue;
• Light-headed feeling or fainting;
• Fast and irregular heartbeat;
• Severe weakness or lack of co-ordination;
• Seizure or epilepsy;
• Loss of vision;
• Agitation, confusion, drowsiness;
• Dizziness, tremor, headache, nausea, vomiting;
• Stomach upset and hiccups;
• Depression, insomnia, blurred vision.
Contact the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.