- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Georgia woman wages single-handed fight for open government February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
Soma is a muscle relaxing drug that works by preventing the communication of pain sensations between the brain and the nerves. Soma medicine along with physical therapy and rest is used to treat injuries as well as other musculoskeletal problems.
Some important facts about this medicine:
Soma can be a habit-forming drug and should not be prescribed for patients who have a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden as you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms if you had been taking this medicine for quite a long time. Administration of this drug should be strictly avoided in case you are allergic to Soma or meprobamate. This drug should also be avoided in the following cases: –
• Epilepsy or seizure’;
• Kidney disease;
• Liver disease.
If you stop taking this medicine all of a sudden then you may suffer from withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, headache, nausea, stomach ache as well as convulsions. Soma may also cause harm to the fetus during the period of pregnancy.
How to take this medicine?
Soma dose should be taken as per doctor’s instruction. Never exceed the prescribed dose as it may cause health hazards. Each dose should be taken along with glassful of water. Store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. In case you have missed your dose, then take it as soon as you remember. However, in case it is almost the time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your normal schedule.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Soma may exhibit various types of side effects which includes the following: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of your face, throat, lips and tongue;
• Light-headed feeling or fainting;
• Fast and irregular heartbeat;
• Severe weakness or lack of co-ordination;
• Seizure or epilepsy;
• Loss of vision;
• Agitation, confusion, drowsiness;
• Dizziness, tremor, headache, nausea, vomiting;
• Stomach upset and hiccups;
• Depression, insomnia, blurred vision.
Contact the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.