- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- FDA Expands Indication for Revlimid (lenalidomide) as a Maintenance Treatment for Patients with Multiple Myeloma Following Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (auto-HSCT) February 22, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
Strattera is the drug that affects the chemicals present in our brain. This medicine is extensively used in the treatment of attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Important facts about this drug:
Strattera is the drug that may increase the suicidal thoughts and attempts in children and adolescents which can be easily diagnosed by symptoms such as: –
• Frequent changes in the mood or behavior;
• Anxiety o irritability;
• Increased thoughts about committing suicide;
You need to avoid hazardous activities during the course of Strattera treatment as this medicine will make you feel dizzy and drowsy. The drug may also damage the liver so contact the doctor immediately in case you have dark urine, itching, flu-like symptoms, yellow eyes and skin, tenderness in the upper right-hand side of the abdomen. Administration of this drug should be strictly avoided in case you are suffering from the following diseases: –
• High blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, transient ischemic attack or cerebrovascular disease;
• Liver diseases;
• Low blood pressure;
• Urinary hesitancy or infection in the urinary system.
Strattera falls under the FDA pregnancy category C which means that it is not known as yet whether this medicine can be harmful for the developing fetus during pregnancy or not.
How to take this medicine?
You must take this medicine as instructed by the doctor without exceeding the prescribed dose. Take each of the Strattera dose along with a glassful of water. You may also take the medicine with food. Store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Strattera may exhibit various types of side effects which includes the following: –
• An allergic reaction resulting in breathing problems, hives or swelling of face and throat;
• Fast and irregular heartbeat;
• Chest pain;
• High blood pressure, blurred vision, severe headache;
• Liver damage;
• Nausea, vomiting insomnia, dizziness, stomach upset, constipation;
• Reduced appetite, dry mouth, fatigue, sweating.