- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
Synthroid consists of Levothyroxine which is a naturally occurring hormone synthesized in the thyroid gland. Synthroid is used to restore normal energy as well as maintain normal body metabolism. Synthroid can be used as a supplement of the naturally occurring Levothyroxine hormone when the latter is not being produced in the thyroid in sufficient amount. Synthroid is extensively used in the treatment of goiter resulting from hormonal problems, surgery, radiation and cancer.
Important information about this medicine:
Never stop taking this medicine all of a sudden without consulting with the doctor as this may cause adverse reactions in your body. Before prescribing this medicine, the doctor must enquire whether the concerned patient is suffering from any of the following clinical conditions: –
• Heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, angina and hypertension;
• Fluctuations in blood sugar may occur in case of diabetes and special enquiry is required to judge whether Synthroid is the suitable medicine or not.
• Synthroid falls under the FDA pregnancy category A which implies that this medicine is absolutely safe for use during the period of pregnancy. You can also take this drug even when you are breast-feeding your baby.
How to take this medicine?
This medicine should be taken exactly the way the doctor has prescribed. Never exceed the prescribed dosage as this may cause adverse reactions in your body. Take each of the Synthroid dose along with a glassful of water at the same scheduled time each day. It is preferable that you take this medicine in the morning so that you do not have to suffer from lack of sleep at night. Store the medicine at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Synthroid may exhibit different types of side effects such as the following: –
• Allergic reactions;
• Nausea, chest pain, vomiting, headache;
• Irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, restlessness;
• Tremor, irritability or confusion;
• Insomnia, leg cramps, menstrual irregularities;
• Diarrhea, weight loss, reduced appetite;
• Fever or sweating.
Call the doctor immediately in case you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above.