- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
Terazosin is generically known as Terazosin with the brand name as Hytrin. Terazosin belongs to a group of drugs called as alpha-adrenergic blockers. Terazosin expands the blood vessels (arteries and veins) by relaxing them to improve the blood flow. It relaxes the muscles of prostate and bladder, helping easier to urinate. Terazosin is used to treat hypertension and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Information you should know
Generally before taking Terazosin you need to consult the doctor if you are using any blood pressure medication like Verapamil, Calan, Covera, Isoptin, and Verelan. You might need to get the dosage adjusted when you are taking Terazosin with blood pressure medications.
Use Terazosin cautiously for the first time as it lows down the blood pressure and causes dizziness, fainting spells. You should avoid taking the medicine in the daytime if it is causing dizziness and shift to bedtime usage only. You have to be careful when standing or sitting up from a lying position.
Warnings associated with Terazosin
• Terazosin can affect the pupils of your eyes during cataract surgery.
• Do not stop using Terazosin before surgery unless the surgeon says you to do so.
• Terazosin is harmful for unborn baby and nursing baby so consult the doctor when you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Terazosin is used to treat the patients with high blood pressure so track of blood pressure readings periodically has to be maintained by checking on regular basis. When you are getting treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure exhibits no symptoms.
Usage Of Terazosin
• Use Terazosin as per medical advise.
• Do not overdose the medicine.
• If feeling dizzy, take fall precautions and shift for the dosages at bedtime.
• Terazosin causes side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Careful steps should be followed while driving and avoid using other medicines, which make you sleepy.
• If you find serious side effects by using Terazosin like pounding heartbeats, lightheadedness, swelling of hands and legs and fainting then seek emergency medical help.