- Girls in Colombian town struck by mystery illness August 27, 2014
- World Health Organization Puts Another Nail in the E-Cigarette Coffin August 26, 2014
- Adding therapy to meds may speed depression recovery for some August 27, 2014
- Russian hackers attacked JPMorgan: reports August 27, 2014
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Defiance and Welcome to Sweden August 28, 2014
- Santa Fe city council votes to decriminalizes marijuana August 28, 2014
- Medicaid payouts for office visits may influence cancer screening: study August 26, 2014
- Pfizer to test Xalkori lung cancer drug with Merck immunotherapy August 26, 2014
- Scientists find gut bacteria that prevents food allergies August 26, 2014
- Four college students killed in Cleveland plane crash August 26, 2014
The generic name for Tiazac is diltiazem and they are available with the brand names Cartia XT, Cardizem CD, Dilacor XR, Cardizem LA, Cardizem SR, Cartia XT, Cardizem Tiazac, Diltia XT,. Tiazac belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. Tiazac is known to relax the blood vessels and the muscles of the heart.
Warnings Associated With Tiazac
• One should not use the Tiazac if you are having any heart conditions such as AV block or sick sinus syndrome, heart attack or even low blood pressure.
• Take doctors advice before taking Tiazac.
• Tiazac causes side-effects. Do not start or stop taking Tiazac without doctors consultation.
• If you are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure, you need to continue this drug even if you feel fine, as high blood pressure sometimes does not have any symptoms.
• The patient might need a dose adjustment if you are suffering with other medical conditions like sick sinus syndrome, hypertension, etc.
• You might also need to undergo certain special tests to start this drug with drugs for other health problems.
• This medication is very dangerous to the unborn child. Please take advice from your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant if you are taking Tiazac on regular basis.
Usage Of Tiazac:
• Tiazac should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• One should not take this medication as they wish, they need follow the instructions exactly as directed by the doctor.
• Follow the directions on your prescription label.
• Consult your doctor to check whether you need a dose adjustment for the better results of the drug.
• It is very important to use Tiazac regularly to get the best result.
• To ensure the medication helps you, you should get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
• You also need to get your liver and kidney function tests done.
• You should seek immediate medical attention in case you thing that you may have used too much Tiazac, much more than what is prescribed.
• Symptoms of overdose of Tiazac does include weakness, feeling light-headed, weakness, chest pain, feeling light-headed, shortness of breath or fainting.
You should seek emergency help in case you develop any sign of any kind of allergic reaction including swelling in your face, tongue, lips, or throat etc.