- Suspected Congo Ebola victims test negative for the virus July 5, 2015
- Suspected Congo Ebola victims test negative for the virus July 4, 2015
- Boom to start Tour despite low cortisol levels July 4, 2015
- Right to die: Colombian man ends life with government backup July 4, 2015
- Thailand’s first MERS case to leave hospital July 3, 2015
- Health Lunacy and Rocket Science July 1, 2015
- California cancer patient with amnesia faces identity crisis July 1, 2015
- Sugary Drinks Kill 184,000 People Every Year June 29, 2015
- Liberia records new death from Ebola June 30, 2015
- Liberia announces fresh Ebola death June 30, 2015
The generic name for Tiazac is diltiazem and they are available with the brand names Cartia XT, Cardizem CD, Dilacor XR, Cardizem LA, Cardizem SR, Cartia XT, Cardizem Tiazac, Diltia XT,. Tiazac belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. Tiazac is known to relax the blood vessels and the muscles of the heart.
Warnings Associated With Tiazac
• One should not use the Tiazac if you are having any heart conditions such as AV block or sick sinus syndrome, heart attack or even low blood pressure.
• Take doctors advice before taking Tiazac.
• Tiazac causes side-effects. Do not start or stop taking Tiazac without doctors consultation.
• If you are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure, you need to continue this drug even if you feel fine, as high blood pressure sometimes does not have any symptoms.
• The patient might need a dose adjustment if you are suffering with other medical conditions like sick sinus syndrome, hypertension, etc.
• You might also need to undergo certain special tests to start this drug with drugs for other health problems.
• This medication is very dangerous to the unborn child. Please take advice from your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant if you are taking Tiazac on regular basis.
Usage Of Tiazac:
• Tiazac should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• One should not take this medication as they wish, they need follow the instructions exactly as directed by the doctor.
• Follow the directions on your prescription label.
• Consult your doctor to check whether you need a dose adjustment for the better results of the drug.
• It is very important to use Tiazac regularly to get the best result.
• To ensure the medication helps you, you should get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
• You also need to get your liver and kidney function tests done.
• You should seek immediate medical attention in case you thing that you may have used too much Tiazac, much more than what is prescribed.
• Symptoms of overdose of Tiazac does include weakness, feeling light-headed, weakness, chest pain, feeling light-headed, shortness of breath or fainting.
You should seek emergency help in case you develop any sign of any kind of allergic reaction including swelling in your face, tongue, lips, or throat etc.