- HCA hospitals halt use of uterine fibroid surgical tool November 25, 2014
- Fat to blame for half a million cancers a year, WHO agency says November 25, 2014
- Novartis says U.S. FDA extends review period for bone marrow drug November 25, 2014
- Cancer feared for sidelined Chiefs safety Berry November 25, 2014
- Once-weekly Lilly diabetes drug wins EU approval November 25, 2014
- Is Your Office Making a Bad Flu Season Worse? November 25, 2014
- Obama takes on hecklers over immigration policy November 25, 2014
- New Australian treatment could save wounded soldiers November 26, 2014
- Fast bowlers rush to Abbott’s defence after Hughes blow November 26, 2014
- Cricket-Fast bowlers rush to Abbott’s defence after Hughes blow November 26, 2014
The generic name for Tiazac is diltiazem and they are available with the brand names Cartia XT, Cardizem CD, Dilacor XR, Cardizem LA, Cardizem SR, Cartia XT, Cardizem Tiazac, Diltia XT,. Tiazac belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. Tiazac is known to relax the blood vessels and the muscles of the heart.
Warnings Associated With Tiazac
• One should not use the Tiazac if you are having any heart conditions such as AV block or sick sinus syndrome, heart attack or even low blood pressure.
• Take doctors advice before taking Tiazac.
• Tiazac causes side-effects. Do not start or stop taking Tiazac without doctors consultation.
• If you are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure, you need to continue this drug even if you feel fine, as high blood pressure sometimes does not have any symptoms.
• The patient might need a dose adjustment if you are suffering with other medical conditions like sick sinus syndrome, hypertension, etc.
• You might also need to undergo certain special tests to start this drug with drugs for other health problems.
• This medication is very dangerous to the unborn child. Please take advice from your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant if you are taking Tiazac on regular basis.
Usage Of Tiazac:
• Tiazac should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• One should not take this medication as they wish, they need follow the instructions exactly as directed by the doctor.
• Follow the directions on your prescription label.
• Consult your doctor to check whether you need a dose adjustment for the better results of the drug.
• It is very important to use Tiazac regularly to get the best result.
• To ensure the medication helps you, you should get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
• You also need to get your liver and kidney function tests done.
• You should seek immediate medical attention in case you thing that you may have used too much Tiazac, much more than what is prescribed.
• Symptoms of overdose of Tiazac does include weakness, feeling light-headed, weakness, chest pain, feeling light-headed, shortness of breath or fainting.
You should seek emergency help in case you develop any sign of any kind of allergic reaction including swelling in your face, tongue, lips, or throat etc.