- What Obama should do on torture May 26, 2016
- G7 told to act on antibiotics as dreaded superbug hits U.S. May 27, 2016
- Roche boosted by trial success with blood cancer drug May 27, 2016
- Cameron urges G7 to help reduce antibiotics use May 27, 2016
- AstraZeneca potassium drug delayed by manufacturing snag May 27, 2016
- China regulator to launch drug pricing probe in June May 26, 2016
- Hummi Micro-Draw Blood Transfer Device by Hummingbird Med Devices: Class I Recall – Potential for Parts to Disconnect May 26, 2016
- FDA Approves Probuphine (buprenorphine) Implant for Treatment of Opioid Dependence May 26, 2016
- U.S. panel backs approval of Sanofi combination diabetes drug May 25, 2016
- Ontario boosts aboriginal health funding after suicide crisis May 25, 2016
The generic name for Tiazac is diltiazem and they are available with the brand names Cartia XT, Cardizem CD, Dilacor XR, Cardizem LA, Cardizem SR, Cartia XT, Cardizem Tiazac, Diltia XT,. Tiazac belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers. Tiazac is known to relax the blood vessels and the muscles of the heart.
Warnings Associated With Tiazac
• One should not use the Tiazac if you are having any heart conditions such as AV block or sick sinus syndrome, heart attack or even low blood pressure.
• Take doctors advice before taking Tiazac.
• Tiazac causes side-effects. Do not start or stop taking Tiazac without doctors consultation.
• If you are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure, you need to continue this drug even if you feel fine, as high blood pressure sometimes does not have any symptoms.
• The patient might need a dose adjustment if you are suffering with other medical conditions like sick sinus syndrome, hypertension, etc.
• You might also need to undergo certain special tests to start this drug with drugs for other health problems.
• This medication is very dangerous to the unborn child. Please take advice from your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant if you are taking Tiazac on regular basis.
Usage Of Tiazac:
• Tiazac should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
• One should not take this medication as they wish, they need follow the instructions exactly as directed by the doctor.
• Follow the directions on your prescription label.
• Consult your doctor to check whether you need a dose adjustment for the better results of the drug.
• It is very important to use Tiazac regularly to get the best result.
• To ensure the medication helps you, you should get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis.
• You also need to get your liver and kidney function tests done.
• You should seek immediate medical attention in case you thing that you may have used too much Tiazac, much more than what is prescribed.
• Symptoms of overdose of Tiazac does include weakness, feeling light-headed, weakness, chest pain, feeling light-headed, shortness of breath or fainting.
You should seek emergency help in case you develop any sign of any kind of allergic reaction including swelling in your face, tongue, lips, or throat etc.