- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Vice President Pence downplays concerns over disruptions to health care February 23, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Spicer says angry town halls are hybrid of upset people and professional protesters February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
Toprol belongs to the class of beta-blocker drugs which can affect the cardiovascular system and blood circulation throughout the body. Toprol is extensively used in the treatment of angina as well as hypertension. It is also used to treat as well as prevent heart attacks.
Some important facts regarding Toprol:
Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden as this may cause adverse effects on your health. Be cautious while performing hazardous activities such as operating machinery or driving as Toprol can cause side effects which can impair your thinking and make you feel drowsy and giddy. Avoid consuming alcohol during the course of Toprol treatment as alcohol increases the dizziness and drowsiness in the patient. In case you are allergic to metoprolol, administration of Toprol should be strictly avoided. Moreover, the medicine should also be avoided if the patient suffers from any of the following clinical conditions: –
• Heart problem such as slow pulse rate, sick sinus syndrome or heart blockage;
• Diabetes, low blood pressure;
• Congestive heart failure;
• Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis;
• Raynaud’s syndrome;
• Liver or kidney diseases;
• Thyroid disorder;
• Myasthenia gravis.
Toprol falls under the FDA pregnancy category C which signifies that this drug may cause harm to the developing fetus so you need to consult with the doctor about this medicine at the time of pregnancy. Toprol may also pass into breast milk and cause harm to the new born baby so it is advised to avoid this medication during the period of breast feeding your child.
How to take this medicine?
The Toprol dose should be taken exactly as per recommendation of the doctor. Never try to take this medicine in excess amount. Take each of the doses with a glassful of water at a specific time in the day.
What are the possible side effects associated with this medicine?
Toprol can cause a variety of health hazards which may include the following: –
• Allergic reactions in the body;
• Slow and irregular pulse rate;
• Light-headedness and fainting;
• Nausea, vomiting, stomach ache, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools and dark urine;
• Falling short of breath;
• Insomnia, depression.