- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area: USGS February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- Hundreds of Cubans deported after US immigration status end: Cuba February 18, 2017
- Democrat member of FEC to make early exit: NYT February 19, 2017
Trazodone is a compound of psychoactive with sedative, anxiolytic, antidepressant properties. Trazodone has less prominent effect of anti cholinergic like hypotension
Male sexual problems
Although Trazodone is product belongs to the family of tetracyclic antidepressants. Trazodone was discovered and developed in Italy by Angelino research laboratories. The trazodone drug was associated with mental pain. Trazodone was marketed in many countries and approved by the FDA.
Trazodone is a combination of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, like flextime and has been noted to help with the nervousness that can result from beginning treatment with a SSRI anti-depressant. Trazodone has been prescribed to children as an aid to a SSRI.
One should not use Trazodone if they have sensitivity towards Trazodone or if the patient is less than 18 years old that can induce suicidal thoughts into them.
Trazodone works by inhibiting the CYP3A4 enzyme by a variety of other substances and this may slow down the proclamation, leading to very high levels of trazodone in the blood. This enzyme can also be inhibited by some other herbs, foods and medications and there is very high probability that trazodone might interact with any of these or all of these substances. Patients who are taking Trazodone have been advised by their doctors against taking grape juice would definitely affect the potency of this drug.
There also have been episodes of seizures reported in some patients. The bulk of the patients who suffered seizure were already on antiseizure medications.
The most familiar and bad reactions that have been encountered include headache, nausea/vomiting, dry mouth and drowsiness, lethargy, fatigue, psychomotor retardation, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion, difficulty in concentration, and uncontrollable laughter.
Trazodone has been related with the rising incidences of priapism. In about thirty three percent of the cases reported, surgical involvement was required and, in a few of these cases, lasting impairment of erectile function has been noticed. All the male patients who have protracted or improper erections should immediately discontinue the drug and talk to their doctor. Should the condition continue for more than 24 hours, then it is very much advisable for the treating physician to consult an urologist or a suitable specialist in order to decide on a supervision approach.
Trazodone may increase the effects of barbiturates, alcohol and other antidepressants; patients should be advised of it. Also trazodone with the combination of any another CNS depressant, can result in severe dizziness and tiredness.
This medication can raise the patient’s potassium levels and this is more likely to happen with people having kidney problems.