- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- Actelion, being bought by J&J, says full year core net income rose 27 percent February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
- From chemotherapy to the catwalk, cancer center stage at New York Fashion Week February 11, 2017
Ultracet is a pain reliever drug which is used to treat both moderate as well as severe forms of pain.
Some important facts about this medicine:
Ultracet medicine should not be taken in excess as it may prove to be fatal. Administration of Ultracet drug should be strictly avoided if the patient drinks more than three alcoholic beverages a day. This medicine should also be avoided if you have suffered from alcoholic liver diseases or cirrhosis. Occurrence of seizure often results due to long and continued use of this medicine. If you have a history of head injury, seizures, convulsion, brain infection or metabolic disorder then there is an increasing probability of suffering from seizure. Avoid alcohol consumption or any drugs that makes you sleepy during the course of Ultracet treatment as alcohol and these drugs slows down your breathing when used together with this Ultracet. Avoid performing hazardous activities such as driving during the course of this treatment as Ultracet may impair your thinking process and this might prove to be disastrous. In case you are allergic to tramadol or acetaminophen, Ultracet should not be taken as this may lead to severe side effects. Ultracet should not be taken when you are taking medicines such as narcotic pain reliever, medicine for anxiety and depression, sedatives, medicines for mental illness such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Ultracet falls under the FDA pregnancy category C which means that this drug may cause harm to the baby at the time of pregnancy so do not take this medicine without consulting with the doctor.
How to take this medicine?
Ultracet should be taken as per doctor’s prescription. Never exceed the prescribed dosage as this may cause appearance of severe side effects which may prove to be highly fatal. The maximum dose of Ultracet that can be given to a person is two tablets per dose which makes up to eight tablets per day. The medicine should be taken along with a glassful of water.
What are the possible side effects associated with this medicine?
There are various side effects exhibited by this drug which includes: –
• Allergic reactions such as swelling of face, lips, tongue and throat, breathing difficulties;
• Seizure, skin rash;
• Weak pulse rate, shallow breathing.