- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
Ultram is a pain reliever drug which is extensively used in the treatment of moderate as well as severe types of pain.
Some important facts about this medicine:
Ultram is a habit-forming drug and is not recommended for patients who have history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden as this may result in withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, nausea, chills, sweating, hallucinations, breathing problems, diarrhea, insomnia and tremors. This medicine should not be inhaled or injected into the body as it may cause severe side effects which can even lead to death of an individual. If you have a history of head injury, seizures or metabolic disorders or if you are taking medicines such as muscle relaxers or antidepressants along with Ultram, you are more likely to suffer from seizures or convulsions. Overdose of this medicine may prove to be fatal. If you experience any of the following symptoms then call the doctor immediately: -
• Slow heartbeat;
• Shallow breathing;
• Light-headedness and fainting;
• Cold or clammy skin;
• Severe form of weakness and
Apart from all these, Ultram is also supposed to impair our thinking process so it advisable not to perform any hazardous activities during the course of treatment. Administration of Ultram is strictly prohibited if the patient is taking: -
• Narcotic pain reliever;
• Medicine for depression, anxiety and other mental illness;
• Sedatives, tranquilizers;
• Street drugs.
Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following diseases before taking Ultram dosage: -
• Liver or kidney disease;
• Stomach disorder;
• History of suicidal tendency, depression and mental illness.
Ultram falls under the FDA pregnancy category C which signifies that this medicine may or may not be harmful to the fetus during the period of pregnancy.
What are the possible side effects of this drug?
Ultram exhibits the following side effects: -
• Convulsions or seizures;
• Allergic reactions in the body;
• Red, peeling skin rash;
• Weak pulse rate, shortness of breath.
• Dizziness, vomiting, headache and nausea.