- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Republicans take evasive maneuvers to avoid feisty town halls February 18, 2017
- Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder by Zimmer Biomet: Class I Recall – High Fracture Rate February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Australia struggles to improve lives of indigenous population February 13, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
INFORMATION ABOUT VICODIN
Vicodin belongs to the group of narcotic pain reliever drugs. Vicodin exhibits the perfect combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone which is used in the treatment of moderate as well as severe types of pain.
Important facts to keep in mind while using this medicine:
Vicodin should not be taken with sedatives, other narcotic pain relievers, muscle relaxers, alcohol, tranquilizers or other drugs that makes a person feel sleepy or slows down the rate of breathing. Any medication that contains acetaminophen will be unsuitable for you in case you drink more than three alcoholic beverages every day or if you have suffered from alcoholic liver disease such as cirrhosis. Vicodin should not be taken without consulting the doctor. Hydrocodone, one of the principle components of Vicodin, is habit-forming and hence should not be prescribed for patients who have a history of alcohol addiction or drug abuse. Hydrocodone is a drug of abuse and you need to be cautious if any person in your household is using this drug improperly. You need to be alert while performing hazardous tasks during the course of medication as Vicodin may impair your process of thinking and the outcome can be disastrous. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden without discussing with your physician as this may cause withdrawal symptoms in many individuals.
Administration of Vicodin should be avoided in the following cases:
• Allergy to acetaminophen or hydrocodone or any other narcotic pain relievers such as hydromorphone, fentanyl, morphine, methadone, oxymorphone and oxycodone;
• Liver or kidney disease;
• COPD, asthma, sleep apnea or any other breathing problems;
• Seizure, convulsion, epilepsy;
• History of brain tumor or head injury;
• Addison’s disease or any other disorder in the adrenal gland;
• Disease of the gallbladder;
• Low blood pressure;
• Mental illness;
• History of drug abuse or alcohol addiction;
• Enlarged prostrate.
What are the possible side effects of Vicodin?
Vicodin exhibits the following side effects: –
• Shallow breathing, slow pulse rate;
• Allergic reactions in the body;
• Cold and clammy skin;
• Severe weakness and giddiness;
• Seizure and convulsions;
• Light-headed feeling, fainting.