- Hillary Clinton calls for ‘resistance and persistence’ from Democrats February 24, 2017
- Tesla Reports Loss for Q4, Looks to 2017 For Growth February 22, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Immigration advocates denounce DHS plan to implement Trump executive orders February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
INFORMATION ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS
Obesity is the second leading cause of preventable deaths in the United States. Obesity is a chronic long term disease which simply means the accumulation of excess body fat. Obese are at a higher risks of acquiring many serious health problems like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, osteoarthritis, gallstones, lung disease and sleep apnea, colon cancer, endometrical cancer, depression, than non obese people. Our weight is determined by the amount of energy that we take in as food, and the amount we exhaust as calories in the activities of the day. Body mass index is the best indictor of the ideal weight one should have. It is calculated as weight divided by the square of your height in metres. One or many factors may be responsible for a person’s weight gain. The reasons for weight gain can be: dieting, too much food and not enough exercise, the type of food one eats, under active thyroid, nutritional deficiencies, prescription drugs, food allergies, yeast overgrowth.
One cannot lose weight in a few days, weight loss takes time. And there is no point in restricting one from living life to the fullest but certain dietary changes, eating often than eating less helps in weight loss. If one is seriously trying to shed some pounds medication should be followed by healthy eating and physical activity. But certain minerals are to be supplemented to help one lose weight but not fatigued. Vitamin B complex helps in weight loss. Chromium, Zinc, Co-enzyme Q10, Garcinia cambogia are the mineral that the body needs to aid weight loss. Certain organic herbal teas are very effective in controlling weight.
There are some unexplained, undesirable weight losses which take place as a result of illness. Decrease in body fluid, mass muscle, or fat results in weight loss. Some glandular disease can also eat up your body, such as an overactive thyroid speeds up metabolism, bringing about weight loss. Diabetes which ruins the body’s ability to regulate blood sugar burns off the fat trying to meet its energy needs because sugar is the main source of fuel for the body. Parkinson and Alzheimer can cause weight loss, as well. Mental illnesses like anorexia affects appetite and bring about weight loss.