- Vice President Pence downplays concerns over disruptions to health care February 23, 2017
- ‘A Serbian Trap’: Freezing conditions in Belgrade are not the biggest problem for refugees in Belgrade February 21, 2017
- Spicer says angry town halls are hybrid of upset people and professional protesters February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Blind cleric behind 1990s terror plots dies in US prison February 18, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- China Completes Training Drills In South China Sea February 17, 2017
- China carfentanil ban a 'game-changer' for opioid epidemic February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
INFORMATION ABOUT YOGA
Yoga is a group of ancient spiritual and physical practices that helps you in maintaining a normal healthy life. Having its origin in India, Yoga has spread widely across the globe and people throughout the world are practicing Yoga these days. Yoga includes both physical as well as mental exercises which can ultimately lead to spiritual experience or “Nirvana”. In the countries outside India, the practice of yoga is concerned mainly with different kinds of exercises called “asanas”.
What are the different types of yoga?
The different types of yoga include Hatha Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Raja Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. Out of all these types, the Raja Yoga is considered to be the most orthodox forms of Yoga which was established by the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Hatha Yoga is concerned mainly with asanas.
Yoga for good health: -
Yoga is a method to attain spiritual consciousness and harmony. However, Yoga is now restricted to the system of exercises or asanas included in Hath Yoga. Yoga is also considered to be a form of treatment to cure several diseases. It is also a discipline applied to the overall development of body, mind and soul. The spiritual aspect of yoga is concerned mainly with the union of the Jivatman and Paramatman, i.e. between one’s own soul and the Divine. Classical Yoga consists of 8 stages which include ethical disciplines i.e. Yamas and Nyamas, meditation or Dyana, breathing exercise i.e. pranayama, control of senses or Prathyara, concentration or Dharana and spiritual enlightenment or Samadhi. The regular practice of asanas makes the body strong and healthy. In addition to yoga can cure many diseases and ailments.
Health benefits associated with Yoga
Yoga can restore the normal health of an individual by: –
- Regulating the normalcy of blood circulation, pulse rate, blood pressure.
- Preventing premature ageing of the body.
- Curing sexual problems.
- Reducing weight.
- Curing mental depression and other psychological problems.
- Cure asthma, bronchitis, diabetes, headache, nausea, emphysema, menstrual disorder, migraines, constipation, acidity, cold, skin diseases, arthritis as well as different types of heart diseases.
Over the recent years, Yoga is practiced extensively in the Western countries and is considered as an effective form of medical treatment in curing many rare diseases and ailments.