- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Vice President Pence downplays concerns over disruptions to health care February 23, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Spicer says angry town halls are hybrid of upset people and professional protesters February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
Zestoretic is a brand name for a type of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors. It is only one of the seven know brand names of this drug in the U.S. market. Zestoretic is used to treat high blood pressure and is usually called an antihypertensive.
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a condition that endangers one’s health as it alters the normal functions of the circulatory system. If high blood pressure is present in a patient for a long time, it will eventually wear down his heart and arteries. High blood pressure can result to heart damage and stroke which can lead to paralysis and death. Thus, Zestoretic is used to lower blood pressure and avert the effects of having hypertension.
Taking in Zestoretic
Zestoretic is an important heart medication with dangerous effects if it is not administered properly. For pregnant women, it is very risky to take in Zestoretic as it can damage your baby. If you have difficulty urinating, then Zestoretic may not be for you. Current health condition such as liver and kidney disease will prevent your from taking this drug. To be more informed, it is best to talk to your doctor about the intricacies in taking this medicine.
Do not take alcohol when you are under medication as it can increase the probability for side effects to occur. Maintain the balance of your liquid intake. Do not resort to too much exercise that can cause dehydration. Zestoretic is most effective when you have the right balance of fluids in your body.
Zestoretic has a number of side effects which can result to decreased reflexes or drowsiness that will not allow you to function normally. Do not engage in activities that require you to be in constant alert such as driving or operating machines if you are under medication. If your doctor knows your complete medical history, you will be helping him to help you administer the drug. In taking crucial medications such as Zestoretic it is important to be in constant communication with your doctor. Do not take in any other medicine with out the doctor’s approval. More importantly, do not suspend medication without telling your doctor.
In case that you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you realize your mistake. If it is time for the next dosage, do not take in double dosage as it might cause overdose. In case of overdoes, quickly go to your doctor. Common symptoms of Zestoretic overdose are nausea, weakness, thirst, and muscle pain.