- Trump supporters rip Hollywood, gleefully celebrate #Oscarfail February 27, 2017
- Two hurt in police gun accident at Hollande event March 1, 2017
- George W. Bush: A free press checks the ‘addictive’ power of the presidency February 27, 2017
- Bright lava lights up Sicilian sky as Mount Etna erupts February 28, 2017
- Are Plant Proteins Complete Proteins? February 25, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
Zetia is a new kind of cholesterol lowering drug. The drug acts by diminishing the absorption of dietary cholesterol through the intestines. Cholesterol-lowering drugs are typically prescribed for people with heart disease or who have a chance of developing it.
Zetia lowers the “bad” LDL cholesterol and raises the “good” HDL cholesterol and even reduces the fats present in the blood. When dietary regulation (like diet low in fat and cholesterol and high in fibre), shedding excess weight, getting more exercise fails then, the doctors
Zetia can be taken with or without food. It can also be taken along with the prescribed statin drug. If Colestid, Questran, or WelChol is taken, Zetia should be taken 2 hours before or 4 hours after taking the other medicine. But fatty, high-cholesterol diet should be avoided to see beneficial results.
Recommended dosage is 10 milligrams a day. It should be taken at the same time each day. The medicine should be continued even when one feels well though most people with high cholesterol do not feel sick. There is no history of a Zetia overdose however if there is an overdose doctor must be consulted.
The possible side effects of the medicine can range from uncommon allergic reaction to abdominal pain, back pain, diarrhea, joint pain, and sinusitis. It can bring about memory loss, personality changes and irritability. If Zetia is taken along with a statin drug chest pain, dizziness, headache, muscle pain, and upper respiratory infection may follow.
It is not recommended for people with liver disease and for children below the age of 10. Zetia should not be combined with cholesterol-lowering drugs like fibrates. It is generally advised not to take Zetia during pregnancy as it may pose a risk to the baby.