- Bright lava lights up Sicilian sky as Mount Etna erupts February 28, 2017
- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- Exercise Proves Key to Preventing Breast Cancer Recurrence February 21, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
Ziac comes under the group of medications that are known as beta blockers. The medication is used to lower the blood pressure in the body (when it has become too high) as well as to reduce chest pain in the body. Also the medication is used for reduce the chances of future heart attacks. Ziac is also known as a water pill. This is because it works by removing the excess salt in your body through urine.
Information you should know
The medication should be preferably taken in the morning or before 6 in the evening. This is to prevent excessive urination during night time. Do not stop taking the medication just because your symptoms have improved. Stopping this medication before the full course gets over may make your condition worse than before.
Not to take Ziac
Do not take the medication if you are allergic to sulfa antibiotics. Consult your doctor if you have a heart condition, gout, diabetes, liver disease or kidney disease. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you should first consult the doctor before taking the medication. Consult your doctor also for taking the medication if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Instructions for dosage
You should take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. You can also read the instructions on the label. Take the medication with a glass full of water. Store the medication at room temperature away from direct heat and moisture.
If you miss a dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then do not take the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to cover up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
You may have symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, confusion, fainting and coma. Consult your doctor immediately if these symptoms persist.
Avoid while taking Ziac
You should avoid food containing a lot of salt while you are taking the medication. Also do not go out in the dun for a long time. Carry an umbrella in case you are going to be exposed the sun for a long time. Try to avoid alcohol as far as possible. This is because alcohol may lower the blood pressure and also cause dizziness.
The serious side effects may include fatigue, abnormal bleeding, cold hands and feet as well as confusion. The less serious side effects include weak pulse, muscle weakness, depression and excess sensitivity to sunlight.