- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- US report: Trend of rising health care spending back to stay February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- New Zealand rescuers form human chain to help stranded whales February 11, 2017
- Brazil Supreme Court judge calls for drugs legalization to beat gangs February 10, 2017
- Laundry pods cause large portion of chemical eye burns in kids February 9, 2017
- Ibuprofen Lysine Injection, 20 mg /2 mL (10 mg/mL) by Exela Pharma Sciences: Recall – Particulate Matter February 9, 2017
Zomig relieves migraine headache. It is used only for common and classic migraine headaches and not intended for hemiplegic or basiliar migraine. Zomig belongs to the group of drugs known as “triptans”. The medicine is effective whether the headache is preceded by an aura or not. Prompt administration of the medicine will allow one to go back to his normal routine sooner. Zomig has not been tested for cluster headaches, a severe headache more commonly found in men. Migraine headaches result from expansion and inflammation of the blood vessels in the brain. Zomig causes constriction of the vessels and reducing inflammation thereby relieving the pain of a migraine.
As soon as the first symptoms appear one can take Zomig but if there is no improvement within two hours the person can take the second dose, if advised by the doctor. The first dose can be 2.5mg or less. If the problem persists the dose can be repeated after 2 hours. The dose should not exceed 10mg per day. The medication can be taken with or without food.
The side effects of Zomig are transient and cannot be anticipated but the more common ones are chest pain, cold sensation, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, feeling heaviness in the chest, indigestion, jaw pain or tightness, nausea, neck pain, skin tingling, sweating, throat pain, warm sensation, and weakness. If one has some heart disease Zomig should be avoided. Pregnant women are advised against this drug. Zomig should not be taken within 24 hours of taking Cafergot, Ergosat, or Sansert. If antidepressant such as Nardil and Parnate are taken Zomig should be avoided. Rarely though, Zomig has caused serious intestinal problem. If someone has a history of seizures doctor has to be alerted before he gives the dose and the medicine can pose some problem for the patient.