- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- Blind cleric behind 1990s terror plots dies in US prison February 18, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
Zyprexa is actually an antipsychotic medication that acts by changing the actions of chemicals within the human brain. In other words, the medicine of Zyprexa is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorders like manic depression.
Things to remember before using Zyprexa
The medicinal drug of Zyprexia is not ment for use in cases related to dementia. Using this medicine on people suffering from dementia related problems have resulted in fatal outcomes like strokes or heart attacks. Therefore a number of guidelines are needed to be followed while prescribing to these drugs:
• Liver diseases
• Heart disease, heart rhythm problems, high blood pressure
• history of heart attacks or strokes
• kidney related diseases
• epilepsy or other seizures
• breast cancer
• trouble while swallowing
• enlarged prostrate or difficulty urinating
Persons suffering from these problems should definitely stay away from the use of these medicines.
Directions of use
Zyprexa should not be used for longer than eight weeks unless prescribed by the doctor. These medicines taken with or without food should be accompanied by a glass of water. Zyprexa that must be taken once a day should be swallowed several times until the tablet dissolves completely to ensure its proper functioning.
Side effects associated with Zyprexa
• fever, stiff muscles, sweating
• sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body;
• sudden headache or confusion
• problems with vision, speech
• maintain balance of fast or uneven heartbeats;
• jerky muscle movements beyond the individual’s control
• increased thirst, frequent urination, excessive hunger
• feeling light-headed, fainting
• Unusual thoughts or behavior reflected through hallucinations or thoughts about hurting oneself.
• Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, and jaundice.